By Jason Gorevic, Chief Executive Officer
Since stepping into the role of Teladoc CEO six years ago, I’ve seen the company accomplish some amazing things in a short amount of time. We’re the first and only telehealth provider to go public, we’ve experienced rapid growth – with 12.5 million U.S. members connected to our network of over 1,500 physicians – and we’ve acquired four companies and partnered with countless organizations, including our most recent partnership with CVS Health.
Telehealth is at the forefront of health care disruption, offering a proven solution to address many of the health care issues facing our country, including skyrocketing costs, doctor shortages, and longer wait times, among others. As trailblazers of telehealth, Teladoc is in the relentless pursuit of better. Our goal is nothing short of revolutionizing access to health care, which means helping people resolve their issues quickly, easily and affordably – when, where and however they want. Our new partnership with CVS Health is a perfect example of our pursuit of better. Together, we are exploring an additional channel for CVS customers to access high quality, convenient and affordable care.
I’m excited to leverage our industry leading telehealth platform to support CVS Health’s vision of “Health is everything.”
What to Expect
As the leader in the retail space, CVS has become a trusted household name, and we know that caring for their customers is a great privilege and responsibility. Here’s what CVS customers can expect Teladoc to offer:
- Unmatched experience with 13 years of providing access to cost-effective, quality care.
- Care that connects patients with Teladoc’s network of over 1,500 board-certified, state-licensed physicians and behavioral health professionals.
- Access to the nation’s only telehealth provider to be certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to ensuring all health care entities are held to the highest standards.
- A no-stress continuity of care option that allows Teladoc’s physicians to seamlessly send records to the patient’s primary care physician.
- Consults for specialty areas, such as behavioral health and dermatology, in addition to non-emergent medical care.
- Pediatric capabilities for children ages 0 to 17.